A Wish can sometimes be granted by a friendly Djinni after rubbing a lamp, zapping a Wand of Wishing or dipping (throwing) coins into a fountain. A lamp containing a Djinni will bear the message "The oil seems to last forever".
It is a good strategy to identify all lamps as even cursed ones can grant wishes as long as they are blessed to the Blessed or Uncursed status (by a priest or holy water) and the message "The oil seems to last forever" when identified. Uncursed lamps containing a Djinni are not guaranteed to grant a wish, they may simply thank you for freeing them instead, or they may attack you. Blessed lamps will have a the best chance to grant wishes. Cursed lamps will have the best chance to spawn a hostile Djinni. Wishes granted by Djinni are granted immediately and dropped at your feet.A flowing fountain will offer the player three options: “Drink”, “Dip”, or “No” (cancel). Selecting “Dip” will ask the player to select an item from the player’s inventory. The player selects “coins” then selects the number of coins to be dipped in the fountain. Note that dipping coins effectively spends them. If the amount of coins spent is less than the value of the item the message "Not likely for a mere [your offer]" will appear and the wish will not be granted. If enough money to cover the cost of the item is spent, one of two messages will appear. The message "You wonder if wishes ever come true" indicates that enough coins have been spent but the wish was not granted. The message "You wonder if wishes come true" indicates that the wish was granted and the item can be found in unexplored territory.
Using more money increases your chances of getting a good fountain wish.
Wishing for an item not in the game will result in an error and another try. After the second try, a warning is given, "Be careful what you wish for." Three wrong wishes will cause the wish to fail.
[quantity #] [blessed|cursed] [immutable|other prefix modifiers?] [enchantment +3] [name of item (pluralized or not)]
3 blessed immutable +3 red hot pokers
Order is important!
+3 blessed silver dragon scale mail will not work, because the enchantment and dweomery are in the wrong order!
- quantity: You can wish for a maximum of 3. Wishing for more results in 3. You may only wish for one of a Legendary item such as Excalibur since they are unique. You may wish for one pet by asking for "balrog" or whichever monster you would like as a pet. Wishing for extras is recommended when possible, for spares or to sell to shopkeepers.
- dweomer: Wishing for
- prefix modifiers:
immutableThis provides fire, rot, and rust proofing but does not prevent armor from being improved with Enchant Armor scrolls.
- suffix modifiers in parentheticals (these appear to have no effect. To prove it, type gibberish in a parenthetical. It will not affect your wish):
largeThis provides large size armor and clothing that the barbarian and vandal may wear.
- enchantment: You may wish for enchantments up to +3. Wishing for a higher enchantment results in +3.
It's unclear which modifiers, and how many, can be applied to which items. It's confirmed that "
blessed immutable" works after the quantity and before the enchantment value on a weapon, i.e. "
3 blessed immutable +3 red hot pokers".
Common Wishes Edit
Armour and Wearables Edit
3 blessed immutable +3 silver Dragon Scale Mail(armor will automatically be the size of the wisher)
3 blessed immutable +3 Gauntlets of Dexterity(or
Gauntlets of Power)
3 blessed immutable +3 Speed boots
3 blessed immutable +3 Ornate Robe
3 blessed immutable Amulet of Life Saving
3 blessed immutable Ring of Regeneration
3 blessed immutable Ring of Magic Regeneration
3 blessed immutable +3 Red Hot Poker(these are really good weapons that actively burn the armor off of your enemies, and hit hard and fast)
blessed immutable +3 Excalibur
Scrolls and Potions Edit
3 blessed immutable Potion of Gain Level
3 blessed immutable Potion of Gain Ability
3 blessed Scroll of Charging
3 blessed immutable Scroll of Enchant Armour(note the non-US spelling!)
3 Blessed immutable midas bag
3 Blessed immutable Bag of Holding(will contain a few items)
3 blessed immutable Phoenix Feathers
Power(grants you a significant amount of permanent mana)
Health(grants you a significant amount of permanent health) got 35 health at lvl 17
1000000000 Experience(doesn't grant that much exp, but it does give you lots) only works below a certain level? got very little at lvl 14
- You can wish for one pet by putting in the monster's name. If you wish for 3, you will get one. You may want to wish for the creature's eggs, or
3 blessed scrolls of create monsterif you have a way to tame monsters. This does not work for any starting pets (dogs, monkeys, or cats), or in fountains.
- Wishing for
3 blessed rubyor
3 blessed silver, will sometimes get you a ruby and a ruby potion and a ruby ring, or silver potion, ring and spellbook. This can get you spellbooks and potions with some colors, orange, yellow, dark green, dark blue, pink, cyan, and magenta. Wishing for
3 blessed diamondsometimes gets you diamonds and diamond rings. 3 fire or 3 teleport may get you wands and scrolls. 3 identify or create monster may get you spellbooks and scrolls. 3 lute or pipe or harp (not plural) may get you regular instruments and lutes/pipes of charming or harps of lullabies.
- Some things you never want to wish for are: gold (you will get one gold coin.) trap (will spawn a small red circle that you can't pick up that will hurt you, pets and enemies for 20 damage), dummy will get you nothing and no more wish tries, dummy. Hill giant pie will spawn a huge pie that is bugged so that if you eat it, it will put you in a state where you never need food again, and will choke on any food or potions that you consume even though you are not full.
Fountain Wishes Edit
Go to any fountain, choose "Dip" and select a number of coins to dip in. if no water nymph shows up, you'll get a wish interface. Type your wish (check the table below to know what you can wish for). the 4 possible outcomes are:
"You wonder if wishes come true"
Your wish has been created and lies somewhere in the dungeon.
"You wonder if wishes ever come true"
You have 'paid' enough for the item you wished for,but the item will simply not be created. (Seems to be just random chance to keep the fountains from being too powerful)
"Not likely for a mere <your offer>"
You did not offer enough for your wish. You should have another try though (4 tries total). Note that once you have dipped an amount of coins, you can not have them back.
"Even legends do not speak of <your wish>"
The item does not exist, or you did not correctly spell your wish. For legendary weapons, however, this message may appear if the legendary weapon is already located near you, or if you already have it.
General Assumptions :
- price for 1 item = price for 3 items >>> always wish for 3 (even if you don't need 3)
- wish price often seems around 4x the actual cost of the +0 uncursed version of the item (not vendor cost, but the price you see if you get level 3 commerce skill). For example, speed boots are a 30 item, and getting them uncursed +0 is 120, while blessed immutable +3 costs you 140. Typically, blessed adds around 10% and immutable adds around 10% to the cost of the wish. This is not a perfect system, but it should get you very close to the right price. So, try this Z x 1.1 x 1.1 x 4 = wish cost, where Z equals actual value. If you don't want immutable, try Z x 1.1 x 4 = wish cost. This does not hold true for some high value things, like bag of Midas and Amulet of Zaw. Also, the cost increase related to buffs is not clear, but it seems that +0 through +3 cost the same, while -1 does reduce the cost.]
- Neither the type of fountain (blue, red, yellow) nor character stats have an effect on wish prices
- Specifying the size of wished for equip does not seem necessary (barbarians always get large wish equip) Adding "(large) or (large size)" does not seem to affect the result of the wish. In fact, you can type whatever you want in parentheses, and it will have no effect on the wish.
- Adding "immutable" to your wish increases the cost of the wish. If it is something like a scroll, potion, or wand, there is little point in wishing for an immutable version, since you can get it cheaper by wishing for it as a non-immutable item.
- Similarly, it might be cheaper to wish for a cursed version of something, then have it blessed.
Recommended early fountain wishes:
- (3BI+3 for each): feathered hat, speed boots, gauntlets of power or dexterity, ornate robe.
- It appears that the game tries to place the items in a reasonably close unexplored location nearby, and not always below. In one case, two wished spawned in the single unexplored room directly above a player's head; the wish was made at 1400ft, the dungeon was explored to 2300 ft and the Roman Fort was left unexplored at 1300ft.
- Items may appear in the Gnomish Mines or the Roman Fort and often do if the branches are left for later and a fountain somewhat close to them is used.
The costs of wishes changed as of WazHack version 1.3. The costs for versions prior to 1.3 were usually lower.
Prices in the Android version seem a bit lower than the Steam version. NB : 3BI+3 means "3 blessed immutable +3"
|3BI+3 Red Hot Poker||328||365||1.3|
|3Bl+3 Staff of life||800||1600||1.3|
|3BI+3 kris knife||150||170||1.3|
|3BI+3 bastard sword||330||340||1.3|
|3BI+3 katana||150||160||1.3||19/05/2018 - 160 did not work on PC.|
|3BI+3 battle bow||300||317||1.3|
|3BI+3 spiked flail||200||280||1.3|
|3 uncursed -9 pickaxe||100||150||1.3||no need to wish for IB+3, unless you are going to use it as a weapon (221-258 normal +0). If just for mining go uncursed -9|
|3BI+3 battle axe||280||?||1.3|
|3BI+3 massive axe||200||1.3|
|3 immutable Lute of Charming||200||?||1.3||cannot be blessed, 200 was enough for 3 non-immutable|
|3 immutable Harp of Lullabies||204||205||1.3||cannot be blessed|
|any legendary weapon||4500||5000||1.3|
|3Bl+3 fiery greatsword||1452||?||1.3|
|3Bl+3 greatsword||310||314||1.3||PC: 320 was not enough.|
|Scrolls (immutability is not really worthwhile)|
|3BI scroll of identify||180||220||1.3|
|3BI scroll of charging||1451||1700||1.3|
|3BI scroll of enchant armour||450||517||1.3|
|3B scroll of enchant weapon||385||400||1.3|
|3B scroll of create monster||596||1452||1.3|
|3B blank scroll||142||145||1.3|
|Wands (immutability is not really worthwhile)|
|3 wand of cancellation||463||700||1.3|
|3 wand of wishing||500||600||1.3||
Wishing for a working wand isn't possible. It will get you uncharged wands that can't be charged.
| Spellbooks (immutability is not really worthwhile)
***Note - the price of spellbooks is not exactly fixed. The more times you can read the book before it is worn out, the more it is worth. In some instances, the prices below may not work ("not likely for a mere"), but submitting the exact same wish again sometimes works. The book you will get will probably have fewer reads in it.
|3B Spellbook of Darkness||511||512||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of Psi Bolt||539||540||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of Create monster||1094||1095||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of Wizard Lock||618||?||1.3||540 in 1.2|
|3B Spellbook of levitation||1094||1095||1.2||not blessed worked at 1094|
|3B Spellbook of lightning||698||950||1.3||Good for charging wands|
|3B Spellbook of force bolt||798||799||1.2||not blessed - 750 (fail at 700)|
|3B Spellbook of teleport away||795||798||1.2||not blessed - 655 (seems wrong)|
|3B Spellbook of sleep||1094||1095||1.2||not blessed - 1085|
|3B Spellbook of magic missile||1094||1095||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of light||539||540||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of cone of cold||2438||2439||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of healing||1468||1469||1.2||1450 not enough for unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of finger of death||1450||1451||1.2||1300 not enough for unblessed, 1402 was enough.|
|3B Spellbook of restore ability||1094||1095||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of polymorph||2449||2450||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of Cure Sickness||780||785||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of Haste Self||?||1000||1.3|
|3B Spellbook of jumping||539||540||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of absorb curse||1000||1500||1.3||1000 didn't work even for 1 unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of knock||539||540||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of drain life||725||750||1.2||725 failed for unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of raise the dead||1048||1049||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of sickness||489||490||1.2||450 worked for unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of fireball||2200||2201||1.2||2000 worked for unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of clean wounds||1089||1090||1.2|
|3B Spellbook of remove curse||789||1500||1.3|
|3B Spellbook of protection||1650||1651||1.2||1500 works for unblessed|
|3B Spellbook of identify||2444||2445||1.2||2407 was enough for unblessed|
|ARMOR (armor, boots, gauntlets, shields, cloaks etc.)|
|3BI+3 cloak of magic resistance||328||392||1.3|
|3BI+3 speed boots||272||273||1.3|
|3BI+3 levitation boots||270||271||1.3|
|3BI+3 silver dragon scale mail||4359||4500||1.3||
same price for red, green, or gray dragon scale mail, but silver (reflective) is the best
|3BI+3 dwarvish mithril plate||3000||?||1.3||3000 unsuccessful (-3 also rejected)|
|3BI+3 gauntlets of dexterity||360||361||1.3|
|3BI+3 gauntlets of power||330||340||1.3||grants +6 STR and +2 AC|
|3BI+3 cloak of protection||310||380||1.3||v.1.2 - 360|
|3BI+3 ornate robe||360||362||1.3||provides Speed|
|3BI+3 helm of brilliance||539||620||1.3||provides Intelligence and Wisdom|
|3BI+3 polished silver shield||328||358||1.3||reflects spells and wands' magic|
|3BI+3 pied cap||266||?||1.3||grants +7 CHA and +3 AC (feathered hat is a better wish)|
|3BI+3 feathered hat||171||172||1.3||grants +7 CHA and +3 AC|
|3BI+3 helm of telepathy||498||?||1.3||grants ESP|
|3 BI+3 Laurel headband||479||480||1.2||grants poison resistance, normally obtained from Bacchus|
|3BI +3 cloak of displacement||335||340||1.3||makes it easier for enemies to miss you|
|black spectacles||cannot be wished for|
|3 uncursed -9 gold monocle||319||1.3|
|3BI eye mask||170||205||1.3||10% stealth|
|3BI veil||170||244||1.3||10% stealth|
|3BI+3 suit of leather armor||114||1.3|
|3BI+3 suit of scalemail||144||1.3|
|3BI+3 suit of chainmail||144||1.3|
|3BI+3 suit of segmentata||144||1.3|
|RINGS & AMULETS (no point in making these immutable)|
|3BI amulet of life saving||1451||1452||1.2||
1320 is the minimum for non-immutable
Should be same for amulets of slow digestion, reflection, and magical breathing. Also for rings of teleport, teleport control, polymorph, and polymorph control
|3BI amulet of dweomery||555||600||1.3||440 is the minimum for non-immutable
Should be same price for amulets of unchanging, ESP, strangulation, and restful sleep.
|3B amulet of ESP||600||1.3|
|3BI Amulet of Reflection||392||1.3|
|3BI +3 ring of gain strength||723||724||1.2||660 is the minimum for non-immutable|
|3BI +3 ring of gain constitution||740||?||1.3|
|3 uncursed Ring of Levitation||696||713||1.3|
|3BI +3 ring of regeneration||1451||1700||1.3|
|3BI +3 ring of magic regeneration||967||968||1.2||880 is the minimum for non-immutable|
|The Amulet of Zaw||38550||45000||1.2||(It is strange that it can be wished for, but nevertheless it won't accept a blessed one)|
|3Bl ring of invisibility||723||724||1.2||try 660 for non-immutable|
|3BI ring of polymorph control||1544||?||1.3|
|3BI ring of teleport control||618||1.3||also denied non-BI at 618|
|POTIONS (no point in making these immutable)|
|3B potion of enlightenment||900||1400||1.3|
|3B potion of gain ability||1400||1450||1.3|
|3B potion of gain level||1400||1450||1.3|
|3BI potion of ink||300||350||1.3||330 for "3 blessed potion of ink"|
|3B clear potion
3 bottle of holy water
|3BI potion of fireproofing||1000||1150||1.3|
|3 Cursed potions of object detection||700 B||700 C||1.3||700 not enough for blessed, enough for cursed.|
|3BI phoenix feather||550||580||1.3|
|3BI quill||170||250||1.3||88 for non-immutable|
|3BI bag of holding||3001||3100||1.3||(2700 was enough for 3 immutable bags, not blessed
Weird- subsequently, 2900 did not work for immutable or for 3 bag of holding, only worked for the plain wish "bag of holding".
3001 worked for 3 immutable bag of holding
|3BI midas bag||8008||8600||1.3||1.2: 8250|
|3B oil lamp||171||171||1.3||no need for immutable|
|3BI magic whistle||250||300||1.3|
|3Bl+3 steel arrow||100||1.3||Not the best wish, since you can only get 3, but several wishes could make a decent quiver|
|3 mindflayer innards||40||1.2||Usually increases intelligence or wisdom on consumption (+1 INT or +1 WIS), a cheap way to increase these stats. Great for spellcasters. (Blessed or Immutable may help, 27 for non-immutable or blessed, 16 works for normal)
1.3: Possibly bugged (no message shown)
|3 golden goo||205||206||1.3||+1 STR on consumption|
|3 floating eye goo||165||1.2||Chance to grant permanent ESP on consumption
1.3: Possibly bugged (no message shown)
1.3: Got message for wishing being true.
|Orange/Blue Portal Stone||237||?||1.3|