Wazhack and Nethack are different in several ways, too many to name. Here are some of the major ones:
- Unidentified items stack in Wazhack regardless of enchantment, or blessed/uncursed/cursed status.
- There is no sacrificing at altars.
- Wands stick to your hand if they are cursed. Same with weapons used to force doors/locks.
- Instead of a magic marker, writing scrolls in Wazhack involves a feather, a potion of ink, (unless it is a phoenix feather, which magically requires no ink) and a blank scroll , plus a copy of the scroll you want to replicate. There seems to be no way to make spellbooks.
- In Wazhack, casting spells will not prevent them from slipping from your memory.
- There does not seem to be the same recipes for alchemy, however you can pour a potion into another potion, and you cannot pour a potion onto say a spellbook.