- Green = friendly. For example, your starting pet.
- Blue = neutral. For example NPCs.
- Red = hostile. Enemies.
- white = asleep
- purple = shopkeeper
Telepathy also gives information on health (size of circle) and resistances; e.g., the snowflake icon in the picture to the right indicates the creature has cold resistance.
Telepathy can be gained the following ways:
- Equipping an Amulet of ESP
- Drinking a Potion of Monster Detection
- Eating the goo of a floating Eye has a chance to grant ESP (unconfirmed, appears to be weaker than an amulet or helmet as the range from which you can sense monsters is smaller)
- Eating mindflayer innards has a chance to grant ESP
- Equipping a helmet with the effect (such as a Helm of Telepathy)