Enchantment can be negative, null (+0) or positive, ranging from maximum -9 to +9 [need confirmation] and accordingly bestow negative or positive effects upon the wearer, depending on the item category and any extra specific properties.
Enchantment Properties Edit
- Weapons (including arrows): usually affects damage
- Armour: usually affects armor class (AC), and either base statistics (STR, DEX, CHA, INT, WIS) or properties like magic resistance, mana regeneration rate, protection…
- Rings: may affect health or mana regeneration, CHA, STR, CON.
Modifying Enchantment Edit
It is generally beneficial to increase the enchantment of items, which can be achieved by a few means:
- Reading scrolls of Enchant Weapon, Enchant Armour and Charging for weapons, armor and rings respectively.
- Visiting a Blacksmith or Tailor to craft a powerful armor/cloth will enchant it by +1 (on top of other qualities).
- Using a Wand of Cancellation, on a negative enchantment
- Praying to certain deities
- Dipping into fountains [to be confirmed]
Enchantment can also be decreased, on purpose or by accident:
Over-enchanting or overcharging an item (usually beyond +7 or +8) can cause it to explode, resulting in complete loss of the item!